Last modified on
Currently, our child care operators are fulfilling the county requirement by having employees share their vaccination status and requiring weekly testing for all of their employees regardless of vaccination status. In addition, they must comply with all other jurisdictional requirements.
Are there actions parents can take to help minimize the spread of COVID-19?
Yes, we ask that all parents help support our efforts by:
- Complying with the handwashing guidance when you enter and leave a classroom.
- Keeping your children home if they have symptoms of illness and especially if they have a fever.
- Following the self-isolation guidelines as recommended by the CDC.
- Providing accurate and complete information during the daily inspection for illness.
- Communicating your travel plans to ensure compliance with Stanford’s self-isolation requirements. Visit the Stanford Health Alerts website for important updates about infectious diseases, travel warnings and other public health issues.
- Remaining vigilant to your own health and the health of your child(ren). Please review the CDC’s Healthy Habits to Prevent Flu to avoid the spread of flu at work and school.
- Planning and preparing for alternative care in the case of center closures (e.g. family support, alternating schedules with partners, neighborhood cooperation).