On this page, you will find information and resources for faculty and instructors (including TAs) at Stanford. For additional information for Stanford employees in general and information specific to researchers and postdocs, please go to their respective pages.
As of Aug. 13
- Stanford is following a phased recovery of university operations. We are currently in Stage 2 of the restart process. Learn more about Cardinal Recovery.
- To support the safety of the Stanford community on our campuses, those working in-person at a Stanford facility must report their health status through the university’s Health Check tool.
- In light of the required social distancing protocols, all employees who can work remotely are asked to do so.
- The university is continuing to pay all full-time and benefits-eligible part-time employees at their current base rate of pay at this time, even if reduced operations result in a lack of work.
- For the autumn 2020 quarter, most courses will be offered online. Stanford will not be able to invite frosh, sophomores and new transfer students to be in residence on campus for the autumn quarter, as we had originally hoped. On-campus housing will still be provided for approved undergraduates with a special circumstance, and graduate housing is proceeding as planned. Additional details are available here.
- Appointments of visiting scholars are restricted until at least Sept. 1, 2020.
Relevant policy information
Frequently asked questions for…
Information about the impact of COVID-19 on research, travel, remote teaching, and other topics.
Information about working remotely, funding, and other topics of interest to teaching staff and TAs.
Thanks and acknowledgements to UC Berkeley, University of Washington and Yale for their excellent FAQs.
If you have additional questions, please send them to [email protected]. Answers to FAQs will be updated by the Research Operations Continuity team as needed.