On this page, you will find information and resources for faculty and instructors (including TAs) at Stanford. For additional information for Stanford employees in general and information specific to researchers and postdocs, please go to their respective pages.
As of Apr. 16
- University-sponsored travel is restricted. Employees arriving from travel of more than 150 miles away from Santa Clara County or San Mateo County can return to the Stanford main campus or Stanford Redwood City campus after receiving a negative COVID-19 test 5 or more days after their arrival back (or after 10 days without a COVID-19 test).
- Stanford is following a phased recovery of university operations. We are currently in Stage 2 of the restart process. Learn more about Cardinal Recovery.
- Health Check to self-report health status is required on a daily basis for students on campus and for employees and postdocs working in-person at a Stanford facility. Training on COVID-19 hygiene is required before returning to work at a campus location for the first time.
- Starting January 4, 2021, surveillance testing is required for faculty, staff, and postdocs who are approved to work on-site. Dashboards provide aggregated results for the Stanford community.
- Classes will be mostly remote for the spring quarter, with limited classes offered in-person. Teaching Commons and Teach Anywhere offer resources for instructors.
- Research and some other essential in-person campus activities are operating on-site. Guidance for researchers is available. Otherwise, faculty, staff, postdocs and students who can work remotely are asked to continue doing so until school/unit leaders determine that return to on-site work is needed. Work Anywhere offers resources.
- Stanford has established zones on the main campus intended to limit nonessential visitors. Detailed information here.
- Appointments of visiting scholars are restricted.
An overview of all current policies and status regarding COVID-19 is available here.
Relevant policy information
Frequently asked questions for…
Information about the impact of COVID-19 on research, travel, remote teaching, and other topics.
Information about working remotely, funding, and other topics of interest to teaching staff and TAs.
Thanks and acknowledgements to UC Berkeley, University of Washington and Yale for their excellent FAQs.
If you have additional questions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Answers to FAQs will be updated by the Research Operations Continuity team as needed.