On this page, you will find information and resources for faculty and instructors (including TAs) at Stanford. For additional information for Stanford employees in general and information specific to researchers and postdocs, please go to their respective pages.
As of November 28
- Stanford strongly recommends masking indoors and in crowded outdoor settings. Masking is still required in healthcare facilities, including Vaden Health Center and Stanford hospitals and clinics. Individuals in Stanford facilities outside Santa Clara County are expected to follow local masking mandates (e.g. SLAC).
- Department offices may wish to order mask supplies, using SmartMart or iProcurement, so that instructors can have extras available if students arrive at class without one. (Contact Environmental Health & Safety with questions.) Also, students will continue to be able to pick up masks at Arrillaga Family Dining Commons.
- Stanford-run programs and activities involving minors may operate on campus with the approval of the Dean or VP or their designee, subject to the COVID-19-related requirements and Protection of Minors policy requirements for In-person programs and activities involving minors. Such programs and activities will be open only to vaccinated minors ages 12 and up. Only on-campus Stanford-run programs are permitted; no off-campus or third-party programs are currently being approved.
- Travel. The university made important updates to its domestic and international travel policy effective March 28, 2022. While these changes are intended to help campus units plan for future activities, Stanford recommends that unvaccinated non-U.S. citizens do not travel outside of the United States given the uncertainty around entry requirements. Current requirements and updates effective March 28 are available here.
- Submitting your Health Check. Unvaccinated faculty, staff, postdocs working onsite are no longer required to submit Health Check on a daily basis. Regardless of vaccination status, Health Check submission is required for faculty, staff, or postdocs who are symptomatic, are a close contact of someone who tested positive for COVID, or receive a positive COVID test result. For those uploading vaccination documentation for the first time, follow these instructions. For questions about vaccination reporting in Health Check, please refer to these FAQs.
- Surveillance testing. Unvaccinated faculty, staff, postdocs are no longer required to surveillance test. Regardless of vaccination status, regular surveillance testing is no longer required for faculty, staff and postdoctoral scholars working on-site. Fully vaccinated faculty, staff and postdoctoral scholars are still encouraged to test after travel, if symptomatic or after exposure to COVID-19.
- Guidance for researchers is available here.
An overview of all current policies and status regarding COVID-19 is available here.