On this page, you will find information and resources for faculty and instructors (including TAs) at Stanford. For additional information for Stanford employees in general and information specific to researchers and postdocs, please go to their respective pages.
As of July 28
- Proof of COVID vaccination, uploaded in Health Check, is required for all university-sponsored travel. Unvaccinated travelers returning from personal travel outside of California (including from international locations) must test before coming to campus. Further details may be found on the For Stanford Travelers page. Students should continue participating in Stanford’s regular testing procedures.
- Employees who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 are no longer required to wear face coverings and will no longer need to follow distancing rules in most workplace settings. However, face coverings may still be required for everyone, regardless of vaccination status, in certain locations such as classrooms, crowded events where physical distancing is difficult, all healthcare facilities, cars and other university vehicles occupied by more than one person, and public transportation. Updates will be added as we get closer to fall quarter.
- Stanford is following a phased recovery of university operations. We are currently in Stage 3 of the restart process. Learn more about Cardinal Recovery.
- Health Check to self-report health status is required on a daily basis for students on campus and for employees and postdocs working in-person at a Stanford facility. Training on COVID-19 hygiene is required before returning to work at a campus location for the first time. The MyBuilding tool has information about building access restrictions and health and safety safeguards.
- COVID-19 testing is being provided for the campus community. Effective July 19, 2021, students living on campus or coming to campus frequently this summer are no longer be required to participate in COVID-19 testing and Health Check after providing documentation they are fully vaccinated. Testing is voluntary (but recommended until fully vaccinated) for faculty, staff, and postdocs who are approved to work on-site. Dashboards provide aggregated results for the Stanford community.
- Classes will be mostly remote for the summer quarter, with limited classes offered in-person. Teaching Commons and Teach Anywhere offer resources for instructors.
- Research and some other essential in-person campus activities are operating on-site. Guidance for researchers is available. Undergraduate researchers who are enrolled in summer quarter and live in the local area may be approved to work in campus labs following an application/approval process outlined on the research recovery site. Otherwise, all researchers (faculty, graduate students, postdoctoral scholars, and research staff) in laboratories and offices may return to campus, without any requirement that their work can only be done on campus. Work Anywhere offers resources.
- Appointments of visiting scholars are restricted.
An overview of all current policies and status regarding COVID-19 is available here.
Relevant policy information
Frequently asked questions for…
Information about the impact of COVID-19 on research, travel, remote teaching, and other topics.
Information about working remotely, funding, and other topics of interest to teaching staff and TAs.
Thanks and acknowledgements to UC Berkeley, University of Washington and Yale for their excellent FAQs.
If you have additional questions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Answers to FAQs will be updated by the Research Operations Continuity team as needed.