On this page, you will find information and answers to frequently asked questions related to COVID-19 for all Stanford employees. For additional information specific to faculty/instructors and researchers/research administrators, please go to their respective pages.
As of November 28
- Face coverings.Stanford strongly recommends masking indoors and in crowded outdoor settings. Masking is still required in healthcare facilities, including Vaden Health Center and Stanford hospitals and clinics. Individuals in Stanford facilities outside Santa Clara County are expected to follow local masking mandates (e.g. SLAC).
- Vaccination requirement. Stanford already requires all faculty, staff, postdoctoral scholars and students (undergraduate, graduate and professional students) coming on-site to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. The expanded vaccination requirement applies to all university employees, including those working remotely in the United States, and applicable subcontractors.
- Return to On-site Work. Learn more about the requirements and protocols for returning to on-site work at a Stanford facility and other tips to prepare for your return on Cardinal at Work.
- Submitting your Health Check. Unvaccinated faculty, staff, postdocs working onsite are no longer required to submit Health Check on a daily basis. Regardless of vaccination status, Health Check submission is required for faculty, staff, or postdocs who are symptomatic, are a close contact of someone who tested positive for COVID, or receive a positive COVID test result. For those uploading vaccination documentation for the first time, follow these instructions. For questions about vaccination reporting in Health Check, please refer to these FAQs.
- Surveillance testing. Unvaccinated faculty, staff, postdocs are no longer required to surveillance test. Regardless of vaccination status, regular surveillance testing is no longer required for faculty, staff and postdoctoral scholars working on-site. Fully vaccinated faculty, staff and postdoctoral scholars are still encouraged to test after travel, if symptomatic or after exposure to COVID-19.
- Travel. The university made important updates to its domestic and international travel policy effective March 28, 2022. While these changes are intended to help campus units plan for future activities, Stanford recommends that unvaccinated non-U.S. citizens do not travel outside of the United States given the uncertainty around entry requirements. Current requirements and updates effective March 28 are available here.
- The Stanford Guest House located on the SLAC campus is accepting advance reservations.
- Stanford Catering is available to cater small meetings and gatherings across the campus and delivers healthy meal choices with sustainable ingredients freshly prepared right on the Farm.
An overview of all current policies and status regarding COVID-19 is available here.
Relevant policy information
COVID-19 Workplace Guide (for employees)
COVID-19 interim policies
Employee support & self care
Return to On-site Work resources