On this page, you will find information and answers to frequently asked questions related to COVID-19 for all Stanford employees. For additional information specific to faculty/instructors and researchers/research administrators, please go to their respective pages.
As of July 7
- Stanford is beginning a phased recovery of university operations. We are currently in Stage 2 of the restart process. Learn more about Cardinal Recovery.
- To support the safety of the Stanford community on our campuses, those working in-person at a Stanford facility must report their health status through the university’s Health Check tool.
- In light of the shelter-in-place orders, all employees who can work remotely are asked to do so.
- For onsite employees, please see: Updated guidance regarding extended shelter-in-place order.
- The university is continuing to pay all full-time and benefits-eligible part-time employees at their current base rate of pay at this time, even if reduced operations result in a lack of work.
- Stanford has instituted a hiring pause for staff positions.
- For those working on campus, R&DE has dining locations and current hours available.
Relevant policy information
Frequently asked questions for…
Providing a healthy and safe workplace is important at any time for Stanford, and is of paramount concern during the COVID-19 outbreak. We strive to provide the best care for our staff members and continue to operate as effectively as we can during this time of uncertainty. We are committed to providing updates on the latest developments and explaining how they impact our people and our workplace.
Find information and resources on pay continuation, remote work, prevention, and other topics related to working at Stanford during shelter-in-place.
Information and resources for Stanford Health Care staff.
Information and resources for contingent staff during shelter-in-place.
Additional workplace resources
- Faculty Staff Help Center – Coping during COVID-19
- WorkLife Office – Children & Family Resources
- BeWell – Guide to Self-Care: Coping with coronavirus
COVID-19 policies and programs
- Employee Emergency Assistance Fund (Qualified Disaster Relief grants
- Interim policy on pay continuation
- Staff telecommuting and remote work policy
- Temporary telecommute agreement
- Telecommuting & mobile ergonomics
- COVID-19 Hygiene Best Practices Training
- Managing teams during uncertainty – for managers
- Navigating self through uncertainty – for individual contributors
Maintain your emergency contact information: https://stanfordyou.stanford.edu