On this page, you will find information and answers to frequently asked questions related to COVID-19 for all Stanford employees. For additional information specific to faculty/instructors and researchers/research administrators, please go to their respective pages.
As of Oct. 21
- Stanford is following a phased recovery of university operations. We are currently in Stage 2 of the restart process. Learn more about Cardinal Recovery.
- Research and some other essential in-person campus activities are operating on-site. Guidance for researchers is available. Otherwise, faculty, staff, postdocs and students who can work remotely are asked to continue doing so. Work Anywhere offers resources.
- Health Check to self-report health status is required on a daily basis for students on campus and for employees and postdocs working in-person at a Stanford facility. Training on COVID-19 hygiene is required before returning to work at a campus location for the first time. Employees must contact their school/unit leader to receive authorization via the On-site Reporting Management System.
- COVID-19 testing is required on a weekly basis for students and also offered to on-site faculty, staff and postdocs. Dashboards provide aggregated results for the Stanford community.
- Stanford has established zones on the main campus intended to limit nonessential visitors. Detailed information here.
- In light of mandated social distancing protocols, all employees who can work remotely are asked to do so.
- Starting Sept. 28 and through the remainder of the quarter, eligible individuals no longer need an invitation email to participate in the surveillance testing program. Learn more about eligibility here.
- For those working on campus, R&DE has dining locations and current hours available.
An overview of all current policies and status regarding COVID-19 is available here.
Relevant policy information
Frequently asked questions for…
Providing a healthy and safe workplace is important at any time for Stanford, and is of paramount concern during the COVID-19 outbreak. We strive to provide the best care for our staff members and continue to operate as effectively as we can during this time of uncertainty. We are committed to providing updates on the latest developments and explaining how they impact our people and our workplace.
Find information and resources on pay continuation, remote work, prevention, and other topics related to working at Stanford during shelter-in-place.
Information and resources for Stanford Health Care staff.
Information and resources for contingent staff during shelter-in-place.