On this page, you will find information related to COVID-19 for all Stanford students and postdocs. Please follow links on this page for answers to frequently asked questions specific to undergrads, grad students and postdocs. Postdocs and grad students might also be interested in additional information for researchers and instructors/TAs.
As of September 26
- Face coverings are required in classrooms pending further assessment; however, individuals may remove face coverings while speaking.
- Masking is required in residential common spaces; in healthcare facilities, including Vaden Health Center and Stanford hospitals and clinics; indoors at SLAC; and on Marguerite buses.
- Stanford strongly recommends masking indoors and in crowded outdoor settings. We encourage everyone to respect the choices that individuals make about their own masking.
- Color and rapid testing remain available at these locations. Testing is strongly recommended when Stanford community members experience symptoms, are concerned about possible exposure, or are returning to campus from travel.
- Dashboards provide aggregated results for the Stanford community.
- Dining halls offer indoor dining at full capacity, with Clean Dining protocols.
- Stanford is following a phased recovery of university operations. We are currently in Stage 3 of the restart process. Learn more about Cardinal Recovery.
- Health Check is required for those who test positive. have a positive COVID test. Training on COVID hygiene is required before returning to work at a campus location for the first time.
New postdoctoral scholars coming from outside Stanford, and current scholars returning from travel must follow relevant travel guidance that specifies how and when they may be approved for campus access.
Vaccinated scholars arriving from domestic locations should register with Health Check and Color and begin surveillance testing.
Vaccinated scholars, including continuing scholars, arriving from international locations should register with Health Check and Color, and test on Day 0 and Day 5 before coming to campus for business purposes (note that they may come to pick up and drop off their tests). Unvaccinated scholars are not permitted unrestricted campus access until they submit a negative COVID test taken at least 5 days after arriving in California and are vaccinated or in compliance with the enhanced testing program for unvaccinated staff.
An overview of all current policies and status regarding COVID-19 is available here.
Relevant policy information
Frequently asked questions for…
Find information and resources for learning remotely, housing and dining, spring quarter, commencement, and other topics.
Find information and resources for research, learning remotely, housing, spring quarter, and other topics of interest to grad students.
Find information and resources for research continuity, lab practices, prevention, and other topics of interest to postdocs.
Additional resources for students & postdocs
Attending class online
- Here’s an excellent resource with advice on Internet connections, add/drop, and more.
- Learn how to attend classes online using Zoom in Canvas.
- The Office of Community Standards has posted these tips for remote learning and the Honor Code.
- The Learning Hub can help with home Internet access options.
- Find more resources at learnanywhere.stanford.edu.
- The Student Services Center and the Financial Aid Office are operating virtually and ready to help students.
- Mind Over Money has developed a spring 2020 budget worksheet and money management tool.
Staying connected and active
- Vaden’s new Well-Being Resources website was designed to support student well-being this spring.
- Stanford Recreation and Wellness has published a roundup of online yoga, meditation and other fun activities.
- The Haas Center for Public Service is encouraging students to stay active.
- Currently open virtually:
Timely information on other student services
Vaden Medical Services
Vaden asks all students seeking medical services to call 650-498-2336 and speak with a medical professional before heading to the clinic to keep patients and providers safe.
Dean of Students
Contact Dean of Students Mona Hicks at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re waiting for or have received COVID-19 test results. This is both to connect you to university resources that can support you, and to help the university assess the impacts of the virus in our community.
Our RDs are available to help undergraduates with personal concerns. For immediate assistance, contact the RD on call at 650-504-8022
Graduate Life Office (GLO) Deans
GLO is available to help grad students with personal concerns. For immediate assistance:
- Text the GLO pager at email@example.com. Include your name and reason for paging in the message.
- Call the GLO pager at 650-723-7288. You will reach a Stanford operator. Provide pager ID #25085 and indicate that you need to reach the graduate dean-on-call.
Undergraduate students can contact their Academic Advising Director, AARC Advisor, or Specialist Advisor. Graduate students should keep in touch with your advisor and/or department.
Office of Accessible Education
OAE Connect is a new online platform for students requesting educational and other accommodations.
Schwab Learning Center
SLC’s learning specialists and tutors are available on Zoom.
Student Services Center
The SSC helps students with Registrar’s Office, Student Financial Services and Graduate Admissions questions and issues. For the quickest response, submit a ServiceNow ticket.
Bechtel International Center
International students and scholars are encouraged to consult with Bechtel about travel concerns, remote coursework, leaves of absence, optional practical training and more.
Residential & Dining Enterprises
R&DE has updated its website with current information on campus housing and dining.
BEAM Career Education
BEAM has compiled a spring 2020 FAQ to help students keep their future in focus wherever they are this spring and summer.
The Office for Religious Life
The Office for Religious Life is offering virtual gatherings, podcasts, videos and daily reflections.