On this page, you will find information and answers to frequently asked questions for researchers and research administrators at Stanford. For additional information for Stanford employees in general and information specific to faculty/instructors and postdocs, please go to their respective pages.
As of Aug. 13
- Stanford is following a phased recovery of university operations. We are currently in Stage 2 of the restart process. Learn more about Cardinal Recovery.
- To support the safety of the Stanford community on our campuses, those working in-person at a Stanford facility must report their health status through the university’s Health Check tool.
- The university has established COVID-19 testing requirements for graduate and professional school students. Find full details here.
- See research administration guidance for sponsored projects.
- Appointments of visiting scholars are restricted until at least Sept. 1, 2020.
- Stanford scientists have launched dozens of research projects as part of the global response to COVID-19.
Relevant policy information
Frequently asked questions for…
Search common questions about research continuity, laboratories, and other topics of interest.
Thanks and acknowledgements to UC Berkeley, University of Washington and Yale for their excellent FAQs.
If you have additional questions, please send them to [email protected]. Answers to FAQs will be updated by the Research Operations Continuity team as needed.