On this page, you will find information and answers to frequently asked questions for researchers and research administrators at Stanford. For additional information for Stanford employees in general and information specific to faculty/instructors and postdocs, please go to their respective pages.
As of Oct. 21
- Stanford is following a phased recovery of university operations. We are currently in Stage 2 of the restart process. Learn more about Cardinal Recovery.
- Research and some other essential in-person campus activities are operating on-site. Guidance for researchers is available. Otherwise, faculty, staff, postdocs and students who can work remotely are asked to continue doing so. Work Anywhere offers resources.
- Health Check to self-report health status is required on a daily basis for students on campus and for employees and postdocs working in-person at a Stanford facility. Training on COVID-19 hygiene is required before returning to work at a campus location for the first time.
- COVID-19 testing is required on a weekly basis for students and also offered to on-site faculty, staff and postdocs. Dashboards provide aggregated results for the Stanford community.
- Stanford has established zones on the main campus intended to limit nonessential visitors. Detailed information here.
- See research administration guidance for sponsored projects.
- Appointments of visiting scholars are restricted until at least January 2021.
- Stanford scientists have launched dozens of research projects as part of the global response to COVID-19.
An overview of all current policies and status regarding COVID-19 is available here.
Relevant policy information
Frequently asked questions for…
Search common questions about research continuity, laboratories, and other topics of interest.
Thanks and acknowledgements to UC Berkeley, University of Washington and Yale for their excellent FAQs.
If you have additional questions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Answers to FAQs will be updated by the Research Operations Continuity team as needed.