Updated: May 5, 2020: To comply with the Order of the Health Officer of the County of Santa Clara, effective 5/4/20.
View the PDF file of the Protocol
Measures To Protect Employee Health:
Notification / Training:
Copies of this Protocol have been distributed to all employees through the Stanford HealthAlerts website, email, and physical copies in buildings.
Signage is posted at every public entrance to inform employees that they should:
- Avoid entering the facility if they have COVID-19 symptoms
- Maintain a minimum six-foot distance from one another
- Sneeze and cough into a cloth or tissue or, if not available, into one’s elbow
- Not shake hands or engage in any unnecessary physical contact.
Everyone who can carry out their work duties from home has been directed to do so.
- Employees are directed to check for COVID-19-related symptoms at home prior to coming to work.
- If symptoms are observed, employees are instructed to not come to work via HealthAlerts and in-person COVID-19 awareness training sessions. Stanford is launching an online COVID-19 hygiene best practices training.
- “COVID-19 Hygiene Best Practices” online training (EHS-2470) is available via AXESS/STARS and other formats. This safety training course is required for all faculty, staff, postdocs, and students employed by the university before returning to work at any university-owned location (including off-campus labs).
- Employees are required to wear face coverings, as appropriate.
Social distancing (separation by a minimum of six feet) is achieved by facilitating work-from-home and otherwise separating desks and workstations wherever possible. Additionally, rotating staff through alternating work shifts is implemented where possible.
Break rooms, bathrooms, and other common areas are being disinfected frequently (at least daily).
- Increased cleaning of high-touch surfaces (e.g. door handles, elevator buttons) using EPA-registered disinfectants is being conducted twice daily.
Soap and water are available to employees at bathroom sinks across campus.
Disinfectant and related supplies are available to employees in Stanford buildings currently open to staff between 5/3/2020-5/31/2020.
For questions and comments about this protocol:
Name: Russell Furr, Incident Commander & Associate Vice Provost for Environmental Health & Safety
Business Name: Leland Stanford Junior University
Facility address: 450 Jane Stanford Way, Stanford, CA 94305
Approx. gross square footage of space open to the public: 700 buildings (15.4 million square feet)
Notice for Stanford buildings
The notice below is being posted on Stanford University buildings to comply with the Order of the Health Officer for the County of Santa Clara, dated 3/31/20.