Last modified on
The WorkLife Office and campus partners offer several grant programs and resources that are available to support you now and beyond the pandemic:
- Child Care Assistance Grant Program (link is external): New as of March 1, the Child Care Assistance Grant provides up to $5,000 per year to assist with child care expenses. In recognition of the various types of child care used by our postdoc families, this grant will allow some flexibility in the types of care eligible for reimbursement.
- Family Grant Program (link is external): New as of March 1, to further assist postdocs with families, the Family Grant allows up to $5,000 per year for living expenses beyond child care expenses; a few examples include housing, food, dependent medical costs, or transportation.
- Tuition Mitigation and Tuition Assistance Programs: Graduate students and postdocs will continue to have access to subsidized tuition programs. For more information and eligibility, please contact your center director.
- Employee Emergency Assistance Fund: Qualified benefits-eligible employees may apply for help when experiencing a short-term financial emergency or unanticipated expenses that cause financial hardship.
- Child Care Subsidy Grant Program: To help with the cost of child care, the CCSG provides grants for benefits-eligible employees who meet application qualifications.
- Child Care Subsidy Grant Program: We extended the program to offer a 9-month grant period to support benefits-eligible employees who become newly eligible after the Sept. 1 grant deadline (including new hires). The deadline to apply for the 9-month grant is March 1.
- Faculty Child Care Assistance Program: Giving the impacts of the pandemic, this faculty program was expanded for the 2021 cycle to provide additional care relief.
- Graduate Family Grant Program (link is external): The Family Grant is available to all graduate students and may be used flexibly to cover expenses such as childcare, healthcare, insurance and rent.