Skip to main content

Can students use Cardinal Care while they are away from campus?

Added on |

Last modified on

Yes. Outside of California, but within the United States, students enrolled in Cardinal Care can access medical services through the First Health network of providers. Benefits are at Tier 2. In network providers can be found by going to the Health Net website and clicking on ProviderSearch.

Students abroad enrolled in Cardinal Care can access covered medical services from any licensed doctor or hospital anywhere in the world. Students who receive care outside the United States need to file a claim for reimbursement with Health Net within 90 days of the service. International SOS can assist with up-front payments or required deposits.

Students with Medi-Cal who need medical care should call the number on the enrollee card before accessing services to determine what might be covered outside of California. Typically, coverage in other areas is for emergency care only.