Last modified on
The California Division of Occupational Safety and Health (Cal/OSHA) recently issued an emergency standard addressing worker protections against workplace exposures to COVID-19. Effective November 30, 2020, the standard requires employers to establish and implement a comprehensive program. The university is adhering to the emergency standard, which includes specific requirements in the following areas:
- Identification, evaluation, correction and control of COVID-19 hazards
- Investigation and response to COVID-19 cases
- Communication and training
- Excluding COVID-19 cases from the workplace
- Reporting, record keeping and access
- Return-to-work criteria
A summary of the university’s Cal/OSHA emergency standard compliance plan is located here. For additional information, please refer to Cardinal Recovery and Cardinal at Work.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com.